I am an inventive and creative designer, working within the arts. My project roles vary from theatre design, illustration, event design, and puppetry. I lead workshops for children and I teach theatre design in higher education. I also run Hattie Pom Pom, a creative hat making company. RECENT PROJECT- Head of styling for Jamie Oliver's Big Feastival/ Costume, set, and puppetry with Blunderbus Theatre Company. 'The Owl Who Was Afraid Of The Dark' CURRENT PROJECTS- A vintage wedding styling project/ Creating the show The Secret Garden with Angel Exit Theatre. MY UPCOMING PROJECT- The styling of 'Wedding week' at Bluewater Shopping Centre

Tuesday 8 December 2009

AQUARIUS







I am currently designing for a contemporary dance production called 'Aquarius'. I will design and make costume and set for the show which will begin touring from January 15th 2010. I am collaborating with Dana Kolesarova and Irene Cioni, who are both independant performing artists professionals.


The dance tells the story of two creatures who meet in a fantasy world where they invite one another to be part of their own existential world. In the encounter they dicover that they both dream of fish............


"Like fish we gravitate towards nooks and crannies - we constrain ourselves, we enjoy the feeling of unlimited freedom but, when we have it do we know what to do with it and are we ever actually totally at liberty to do anything?"

On Saturday the 5th I met with Dana and Irene and we began discussing ideas and concepts for both costume and set. Above show images of the two idea boards I have come up with since the meeting.