I am an inventive and creative designer, working within the arts. My project roles vary from theatre design, illustration, event design, and puppetry. I lead workshops for children and I teach theatre design in higher education. I also run Hattie Pom Pom, a creative hat making company. RECENT PROJECT- Head of styling for Jamie Oliver's Big Feastival/ Costume, set, and puppetry with Blunderbus Theatre Company. 'The Owl Who Was Afraid Of The Dark' CURRENT PROJECTS- A vintage wedding styling project/ Creating the show The Secret Garden with Angel Exit Theatre. MY UPCOMING PROJECT- The styling of 'Wedding week' at Bluewater Shopping Centre

Tuesday 9 February 2010

PUPPET MAKING WITH BLIND SUMMIT THEATRE

I am currently working on a production called 'The Call Of The Wild' making puppets from cardboard. The production has been put on by Blind Summit who have translated this epic story into a "Cardboard Puppet Arctic Ballet" set to Mahler's 1st Symphony.

The Call of the Wild is the classic story of Buck, a dog stolen from the comfort of his California home and thrust into the merciless life of a sledge dog in the Yukon Gold Rush in 1897. He has to quickly learn the laws of the wild and while the men around him descend into depravity, corrupted by their desire for gold, he is ennobled by the experience.

Last week I made a daschund (sausage dog) which is actually my favourite dog! I am currently in the process of making a cardboard train for the journey to alaska scene.