I am an inventive and creative designer, working within the arts. My project roles vary from theatre design, illustration, event design, and puppetry. I lead workshops for children and I teach theatre design in higher education. I also run Hattie Pom Pom, a creative hat making company. RECENT PROJECT- Head of styling for Jamie Oliver's Big Feastival/ Costume, set, and puppetry with Blunderbus Theatre Company. 'The Owl Who Was Afraid Of The Dark' CURRENT PROJECTS- A vintage wedding styling project/ Creating the show The Secret Garden with Angel Exit Theatre. MY UPCOMING PROJECT- The styling of 'Wedding week' at Bluewater Shopping Centre

Monday 15 March 2010

The Call Of The Wild/ Puppet construction work with Blind Summit theatre

Here are some images of the 'The Call Of The Wild' for which I was a puppet constructor. Below are also images of my steam train puppet!


The puppets hanging ready for performance.....



The Californian trees/ moose antlers




Buck the dog having a rest. He came to life with three performers operating him. I helped Nick design the feet of Buck after looking at lots of anatomic books on the muscles and bones of dogs.









My steam train and carriages. In the performance the train was used with performers holding it from a handle and the other performers would run past the chimney with cotton wool to represent the steam. It was very inteteresting and a great moment in the performance.